ACR Court Section
The Court Section provides information and best practice information for resolution of court disputes ranging from small claims to family.
The mission of this section is to foster and facilitate the development and implementation of quality court-annexed ADR programs throughout the country and to provide support to all individuals interested and involved in Court ADR programs such as Court ADR administrators, judges and dispute resolution practitioners working in a court setting by providing a forum that addresses issues concerning court-annexed ADR programs through information sharing, networking, identification of resources, development of model practices, and training programs.
- To promote the development of court-annexed dispute resolution programs around the country, at all levels of court.
- To serve as a clearinghouse of relevant information and resources for court administrators, dispute resolution practitioners, and judges.
- To assist in educating the public, attorneys, judges, legislators and other constituencies about the value of court-annexed dispute resolution programs.
- To provide a venue for communication and networking opportunities among court ADR administrators, dispute resolution practitioners and judges.
- To identify policy issues important to court-annexed programs and provide guidance/best practices with respect to those issues.